Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 1 in Singapore - Sunday April 3, 2011

Arrived in Singapore today. Mostly well but my feet and legs are super bloated from the flight. I feel fat enough without the bloating, thanks.

Tried to get some food at 3pm but everything is so expensive! Same price as US or more because of the terrible exchange rate.
Ended up getting take out at a place called mr curry. Curry seemed like a safe choice and their mascot was cute. Huge cuddly one out front! Taking forever though, which is why I'm typing this. Man if I don't get some food in me soon I'm going to collapse.
After getting food I went back to my room to eat. Somehow I just really hate eating out alone.

With food in my stomach it was just impossible to fight the sleepiness. It was only 5:30 in the afternoon! But I thought maybe if I just sleep until 5 am I would be at least okay for the next day.

How wrong I was. Don't get me wrong. The nap was pure bliss. Just the dose of rest my body needed after that long plane ride. But when I woke up and could not sleep anymore, I found that it was only 1:30am. =(

Chatting online and consuming more kdrama took me to about 5 am. Hungry again. :(

All of a sudden there is extremely loud rolling thunder and blinding flashes of lightning outside! Haven't seen lightning like this for years. Funnily it isn't raining. Maybe it's regional and limited to certain area codes only? Went out to the balcony to take some photos. Tried to catch the lightning but you can't really tell from the photo.

Still can't sleep. Maybe I will see the sun rise above the Sands hotel and get some nice photos in the morning. Still hungry too. Must make a note to visit 7-eleven tomorrow and stock up on snacks.

No comments: